This week was SO busy! I am happy the weekend is here. Amelia has been feeling a bit under the weather lately and I have been worrying about her. She went two full days without eating and almost as long without anything to drink. We haven't slept well all week, and let me tell you... 2-4 hours of sleep a night is not fun! I think she's on the mend now, but definitely not herself. We managed to make the best of it all and had a fun week overall.
1. We had an awesome tea party with our girl this week. She picked out mini cupcakes at the cupcake shop down the elevator and we had a grand little party in her bedroom. She dressed up and looked beyond adorable.
2. I made a delicious lunch (with plenty of leftovers) this week, thanks Erica for the suggestion. Chicken breast with a homemade tomato sauce (using my home canned tomatoes) over quinoa. Yummy!
3. Amelia set up her tent in the living room and had a blast playing house in there. I think she gets lonely playing upstairs in her room all by herself... so our living room is often a playroom. Makes my heart smile to watch her play.
4. This evening Amelia and I headed out to the park, but the road we took was closed. I didn't really know what was going on so I decided to head down a nearby side road. There were tons of people lining the streets in chairs as if they were getting ready to watch a parade... little did I know it was the homecoming parade. Amelia and I pulled over and got out to watch. It was so cute, she had a group of about 30-40 high school kids come over to give her high fives and a senior boy gave her his cowboy hat. I'm glad we just happened to notice that there was a parade in town tonight. It was fun. This picture is my absolute favorite part of every parade.
5. After the parade this evening we went and fed the ducks by the river. We hadn't planned on that but as we drove through Amelia noticed we had a bag of crackers in the car. She had a blast! even if she did get her finger nipped by a large goose who ate the cracker right out of her hand.