Garlic Parmesan Sauce
1-2Tbsp minced garlic (reduce or add more to taste)
2Tbsp white flour
0.5-1c shredded parmesan
1. melt butter in a medium sized saucepan
2. add minced garlic and stir in with butter until the garlic becomes soft
3. add 2Tbsp flour and stir until a roux forms
(Roux: a thickening agent of flour and fat (usually butter))
4. add 1.5c milk and stir until the sauce starts to bubble at the surface
5. stir in shredded parmesan cheese until melted
Cook up your meat of choice. For my dish I heated some oil and garlic and then added 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts that I had cut up into cubes. I only seasoned the meat with salt and pepper so that it wouldn't draw away from the taste of the sauce. I think this would also be really good with shrimp.
Any pasta will do for this dish. I used farfelle pasta because that is what we had on hand.
Add Ins that would taste great in here: sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts, fresh tomatoes, peas, roasted veggies, etc.