I always love linking up with Brianna at Endlessly Beloved. Each month she picks a topic and asks fellow bloggers to link up with their ten favorites. Here is my post for March.
Ten Favorite Things About The Place I Call Home
I'm a born and raised Oregonian. I love living here and am excited to raise our family here. I am one of those people who always thinks/dreams about what it would be like to live in a completely different part of the country, but Oregon is so awesome that I'm sure I couldn't stay away long if we ever left. Here are ten reasons why I love Oregon.
1. Location. I can head West and be at the coast in less than 2 hours. I can go East and be in the mountains in about an hour. We've got mountains, rivers, the ocean, woods, deserts, the valley, cities and more.
2. Weather. A lot of people complain about the weather here in Oregon. It's too wet for some. I personally love the weather here in Oregon. I'm not a fan of extremely hot temperatures so our summers are great. Fall is beautiful here in Oregon and is my favorite season. I wish we had more snow in the winter, but I also really love the rain so I can't complain too much.
3. Things To Do. There is always something to do here in Oregon, both indoors and outdoors.
4. Scenery. Oregon has some of the most beautiful places on Earth. Seriously, you don't have to go far to be surrounded by breathtaking nature. Waterfalls, rivers, lakes, woods... the list can go on and on.
5. Farmer's Markets. There is no shortage of farmer's markets here in Oregon. In our little city alone we have a summer and winter market, and our summer market is two days a week. There is always live music, locally grown produce, incredible nurseries supplying gorgeous flowers, yummy food to eat and fun activities for kids.
6. Quaint Neighborhoods. There are so many little neighborhoods that are great to explore and they all have wonderful restaurants, shops, parks and things to do.
7. The Columbia Gorge. My favorite area of Oregon is the Columbia Gorge. If you ever have a chance to visit this beautiful state, make the Gorge a priority.
8. Excellent Restaurants. We have everything. There are so many delicious places to eat at in Oregon. Portland is definitely a foodie city and it's always fun exploring new restaurants.
9. Music. Oregon always has an amazing amount of festivals and places you can go to listen to live music. Here in Oregon City we have Concerts in the Park each week during the summer. You really don't have to go far to hear some great music.
10. A Great Place to Raise a Family. Oregon really is a wonderful place to raise a family. There is great diversity and amazing opportunities for kids and families. I'm glad we will be raising our family here.
While we are on the topic of the place we come from... don't forget to head out and snap some photos to share for my monthly link up "Where I Come From". Next link up is March 8th. Let's go on a virtual vacation with our fellow bloggers.