Soaked with Smiles

So I've decided that I need to get back to following the instructions of my naturopath. She had told me to eat breakfast within the first hour of waking up along with a diet of protein, vegetables and a max of one piece of fruit per day. I need to limit carbs while I'm losing weight... at least the good bad carbs, and yes we are even putting brown rice and wheat pasta in the bad category. It wasn't too hard to give up all bread since I'm not really a sandwich eater, but pasta and rice was a challenge. My husband Mark is half Chinese and likes his white rice, but with his tall skinny build it doesn't stick to him like it does me. My alternative for rice and pasta has been quinoa and quinoa pasta. I recommend it!

Today was a busy day, not necessarily in the stressful way but just in the jam packed with work kind of way. The day seemed to go by quite fast and before I knew it I was writing out my list of tasks to do for tomorrow. I've been writing things down several places to ensure that I don't miss something. I love my dry erase board, the millions of post-its scattered around my desk and my Outlook "appointment" that I set which is really just a a to-do list that pops up reminders for me. Tomorrow night I will be working late since it is our annual Operator's Dinner. It is an event we hold for our local cooperators before fire season so they are reminded of the precautions they need to take during the hot months. It is also a time to some refresher trainings. Since I will be getting home late Mark will be picking up Amelia and I will have little time with her in the evening. Tonight after dinner I thought it would be fun for her and I to go for a walk... and it was!!! We went to Tot's Park just up the road from our house. I like this park over the others in our neighborhood because it is for the younger kids. We had a blast!!! Of course, as always I am going to share tons of pictures. 

 Playing at the park

 My Girl



 After the tot's park we headed across the way to the big kid park. They have this huge water area so I convinced Amelia that we needed to run in it. She was unsure at first but I grabbed her hand and we sprinted through. We were drenched by the time we headed home. 


 Here we go.... 

The aftermath... she was squeezing me and we are soaked

It was a strange food day for me today. I somehow managed to skip breakfast all together and finally drank some Bolthouse Berry juice around 11 o'clock. I didn't have a lot of time this morning to make a great lunch so I cut up two huge slices of watermelon and grabbed a chicken patty, it turned out to be a pretty tasty meal. My awesome husband put together some spaghetti with turkey sausage for dinner, it was tasty! I didn't get my walk in at lunch today but I'm hoping I get my butt going tomorrow.

Well I think it is time to hit the sheets. Amelia left her blanket at Auntie Erica's house so I'm hoping for an easy night tonight... but I won't hold my breath just in case. 
Ashley Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment