A great start to the weekend

Well this Saturday has turned out to be quite a wonderful day! 
Mark made me an omelet with bacon, sausage, tomatoes, green onion and goat cheese... Mmmm!

After a delicious breakfast this morning we headed up the hill to the local farmer's market. It was nice to walk around, grab a few homemade things and enjoy the semi-decent weather. From the farmer's market we headed straight to the waterfront park in downtown Portland to watch the dragon boat races. I've actually never done the whole Rose Festival thing and I've never watched dragon boat races, but I'm glad we went. My co-worker raced on a boat that supports Planned Parenthood and their chants and costumes were fantastic. 
This is my co-worker Cindy's team. They are named the "Love Boat"

 My co-worker Cindy is the one with the curly hair

 My Loves


 hungry little goose

 This was a high school team that came in first place during their race, they beat the others by quite a bit

Cindy's team the Love Boat

After we watched a few races we headed to get some lunch. We were going to hit up some food carts but decided to go to a Greek deli that Mark went to a lot while he was going to OCOM (Oregon College of Oriental Medicine). Apparently they have changed owners since he was a regular, and while lunch was good I got really sick after. Mark was fine, but that boy has a stomach of steel and things that bother me don't bug him in the slightest. When we got home I took a two hour nap and woke up refreshed, not feeling sick anymore. 
Us heading to lunch... she loves her books!

Well I did it!!! I had wanted to type this first thing because I am so excited but I figured I would save it for the end. I completed week one day one of the C25K program. I wanted to start a couple of weeks ago but my headaches had not let up enough. After my nap today I felt great and got the urge to give it a go. I figured the high school track would be a good place to go. I took Amelia with me so that she could run around and get out all of her energy before bed... let's just say that as much as I love that girl, she won't be going with me when I'm trying to run unless Mark is with us. She was great at first but then she got tired of running around the field and wanted to go home. I did what any good mother does and bribed her with frozen yogurt. I had planned on taking her anyway but hadn't told her; she continued to whine a little but I was able to get through day 1 of the program! We headed straight over to the yogurt shack and got some tasty treats to take home, well deserved I must say! I am surprised at how much I enjoyed running, and I was quite a bit faster than I ever imagined I would be. It feels strange that I am excited for tomorrow's C25K adventure and Mark just mentioned joining me at the track. He is not an exercise kind of guy so it will be an adventure. I think I am going to start looking for a 5K to sign up for. I want to walk a 5K and then move toward running one. As always, I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Oh I forgot to mention one last thing... despite my less than stellar interview skills, I got the job! I am really looking forward to this chapter at ODF and plan on giving it my all. 

My girl this week snuggling with her Rudy kitten

Sweet dreams all!

Ashley Elizabeth