38 Things I Love About Mark
1. He helps make my dreams happen. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive person to share my life with. He is far better at this than I. He went above and beyond to make sure I could stay home with Amelia. I know of a lot of people who put the need for a massive bank account well above the happiness of their family. Mark knew Amelia and I would both be happier spending these years together, so he made it happen. He surprises me with camera gear, helps me with computer stuff and allows me to leap into new things... all to help me get to where I want to be in this life.
2. He's a hands on dad. There is nothing more attractive than a man who puts effort into his children. He is often getting his hair fixed, playing ponies, getting doctored and having tea parties.
3. He is intelligent. enough said.
4. He enjoys spending time with my family. It makes me happy that I found someone who chooses to include my family in the things we do. I mean, after all, when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday today he said dinner at my Grandma's house with the family.
5. He makes me laugh. Everyone needs someone in their life who can make them laugh.
6. He cooks and cleans. Seriously... this was an amazing help when I was doing daycare. Having little ones in your house 10-11 hours a day can be tiring and the last thing I wanted to do at the end of the day was cook dinner. He's a great cook. He also helps out a ton around the house.
7. He provides for our family. He makes sure Amelia and I have everything we need... and he does so without complaining about my need to shop once in a while, or my occasional pedicure and my need to change my hair frequently... you know, those girly things most of us do.
8. He is my grandma's lawn boy. This just makes me giggle. He mowed my grandma's lawn once and did such a great job that she insisted he be the only one to do it from that moment on. He goes over there every other week in the summer, works on her yard and stays a while to visit with her... even if I'm not there.
9. He smells good.
10. He likes camping as much as I do. It makes for some awesome family memories.
11. He reads up on the things that interest me. Take photography and camera stuff for instance. He knows it's something I'm really passionate about, and he has read up on it a lot.
12. He's been there though some dark times. As a couple we've gone through a lot together and I've never doubted his support through it all.
13. He dances. Like a fool. Like me.
14. We both LOVE music! All types of music. There's never a fight over who gets to be in charge of the radio.
15. He can fix Amelia's hair, and I'm talking more than a ponytail.
16. He loves me for me. I'm pretty hard on myself a lot of the time, but he always helps me through that.
17. He sticks up for his family and is not willing to let people treat us with anything other than kindness and respect.
18. He watches all of my shows with minimal grumbling. I know Pretty Little Liars, Scandal and Revenge aren't really his thing, but he shuts up and let's me indulge.
19. I'm obsessed with crafting and our house is often a crafting disaster of fabric, glitter, paper and glue. Even if it bugs him, he doesn't complain.
20. I know I don't have to do things alone. He is there whenever I need him to be, even if it's to help decorate for a birthday party.
21. He wants more kids just like I do.
22. He buys thoughtful gifts. It's not just a giftcard or something picked out last minute. It is always something that he knows I will really love.
23. He has goals for himself and is working hard to make them happen.
24. He can work on my car. He's not one of those guys who just drives the cars to the shop when there is a problem. If he doesn't know how to do something, he learns.
25. He's handy. He can make things out of wood and fix things in the house.
26. He likes the outdoors. and he tolerates my need to stop several times on a drive or hike just to snap photos of beautiful scenery.
27. He's a talker. I like that he socializes with practically anyone.
28. He let us drive up and down the entire east coast. This was seriously the best trip ever and he made it happen for us.
29. He's artistic.
30. He brings me Starbuck's. that's love.
31. He gives me massages all the time.
32. and I must mention my free acupuncture treatments.
33. He takes me out on dates... awesome ones.
34. He is motivated.
35. I was in labor with Amelia for 38 hours. He sat by my side the entire time, never leaving and never sleeping. The look on his face when he saw her for the first time. One of the many reasons why I love Mark, and a moment I will never forget.
36. He drops what he's doing to help others. If someone calls and asks him for a favor, he is happy to help.
37. He is kind. and has a huge heart.
38. He is the best husband and father ever!