It was seriously the worst flight I have ever been on, but not because of the flight itself. I got ridiculously nauseous. I've never been nauseous on a plane. I assumed it was a lack of sleep. Our flight left Portland at 11:15pm and I had high hopes of us all sleeping through most of it. We had a layover in Chicago for an hour and then arrived in Tampa around 9am. I didn't sleep at all, Mark slept a bit and Amelia got two hours of sleep. When we stepped outside it was bright, sunny and in true Florida fashion... humid. We were so excited to finally be there. We picked up our rental car and headed straight to Mark's brother's house. Thankfully we had an opportunity to take a little nap and get out of full zombie mode. We spent the evening visiting with family.

The next day Gerwai, Mark's brother, took us out boating. It was a beautiful day out on the water. I had spent some time in Clearwater Beach when I visited my Grandma back in high school, but I had forgotten how beautiful it really is there. White sand and beautiful blue water the temperature of bath water. It was Amelia's first time on a boat. At first she was scared, but then when we started going fast she loved it. We fished, visited islands and played in the water. Once again though, just like the flight to Florida, I got nauseous. I've never gotten sea sick. Maybe it's something that I'm growing into as I get older. Overall it was an awesome day. I didn't take my dslr out on the boat so you guys get to see my phone pics, but I think there are some pretty cute ones of Amelia. 

The next day we celebrated our nephew Tyler's graduation. He is such a great guy and we are so proud of him. He's off to summer school at the college he will be attending in Florida. He wants to get a jump start. That kid totally rocks! 
That's him in the blue standing up... with the curly blonde hair
check out his cake. it was awesome!!!
my sister in-law Jennifer had her house decorated so cute for the party
Our time in Florida was great, even if it was brief. The day after graduation we headed out the door to our next destination. We stayed the night in Jacksonville, but we got there so late that we didn't really spend the day doing anything other than driving. Check back to read about the next place we explored. 
Ashley Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you weren't feeling well :( That makes traveling hard but it looks like you guys pushed through and made the best of it. Glad you got to do some fun things and see family. I'm sure they appreciated you making the trip.